Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pillow Forts & Pools

Well we've made it to week 35 - the countdown is on to 40 weeks!  Erin only made it to week 35, so it has really hit home with me and Brad that any day now, we could have a baby.  Eek!

Things we have been doing these last couple of weeks to prepare:

  • I packed my Go Bag for the hospital, so whenever the baby is ready to make its appearance we can grab it and go.
  • We installed the base of the car seat into the car.  Then we showed it to Erin and she really installed it.  Turns out you pretty much need to put your entire body weight onto it to get it in place.  Thank goodness for older sisters!
  • Brad agreed that if I go into labor while he is at work, he will take a taxi (and not the bus) to meet me at the hospital.  That's right, his plan was to take the bus.  In his defense, it is nearly as quick as a taxi, but still.
  • We haven't really been buying anything for the baby or its room (a little superstitious) but we can't take the baby home naked so we bought one onesie for a girl and one onesie for a boy.  Both onesies are cute though, so I guess we'll take home the baby no matter what gender it is.  
  • We've been reading our baby books in preparation
  • I've been wearing a back brace because this baby isn't the easiest thing to carry around.
Here is what we have been up to the last couple of weeks:

I have had a cold for the better part of a week that I just can't seem to shake.  Along with this comes not really being able to sleep, so I have fashioned myself a pillow fort!  I've been playing around with different pillow concoctions and have found the best positions to sleep in sitting up.  Is it comfortable?  No.  Do I get much sleep?  No.  Is it better than nothing?  Yes!


Last weekend, in dire need of relief for my back, we went swimming at the JCC.  Yes, all of the bubbies looked at me as I walked by with my big belly and seemingly little bikini.  Yes, the Herman boys did put toy animals on my belly as I floated and call it an island.  And it felt great!  Much needed relief for an hour or so.    


   

At first I was gaining weight like crazy and kept asking my doctor if my weight gain was okay and she would laugh at me.  Now my weight gain has really slowed down even though I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week, and she's laughing at me again saying that yes, everything is fine and to stop worrying about it.  So far I have gained about 27 lbs which puts me right on target to gain 25-35 lbs during my whole pregnancy.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say as easy as it was to put on, I bet it will be hard to take off.  I am looking forward to starting my workouts again though - I feel like I have turned mushy, and I'm excited to get some muscles back.

Keep an eye out, we will be posting everyone's guesses for the baby survey soon!


2 comments:

  1. I guess that the pool is the "ultimate" water bed (or floating island). Don't worry, you look BEAUTIFUL...sometimes not very happy, but BEAUTIFUL. You're in the final stretch. Just make sure to stretch it till we get back in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! I'll try to coax the baby into staying in until you're back in town. Babies in this family do have a history of making their appearances while you're on a cruise, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete