Leo's first trick? Sucking his thumb! He is just trying so hard. Leo puts his whole hand in his mouth - he just doesn't realize that he's supposed to stick his thumb out in order to suck on it. Instead his sucks on his whole hand just hoping it will work out. Occasionally he gets it! Those are the good, fleeting moments - they're few and far between. Come on Leo, get that thumb!
Leo's next trick? He's an excellent burper! Yes, he got it from his Daddy. No, I do not have a video of this as I do not want it to become a habit when he's older (ahem, ahem):
Taking big boy baths and not crying! I mean look at him - straight chilling. Bathtime is for washcloths and whale water spouts and baby mohawks:
This is one we have been practicing so he's ready for day care. Look at him chugging from this bottle! It takes me about 20 minutes to make the milk and it takes him about 2 minutes to drink it.
Up next? Leo is getting so good at holding up his head! He has been going to physical therapy so he doesn't get a flat spot on his head and she's really working with him on neck control. Look at this! He'll sometimes pick his head and bob it around - looking left, looking right, making eye contact, then setting it back down. When he's wearing green he looks like a little turtle.
And last but not least, smiling. He has been trying and trying to smile. Sometimes he will crack one side of his mouth and I can coax another smile or two out. Along with these teeny smiles time tiny little, playful coos! I just can't get enough.
Here's my attempt and catching a little smile on video:
No comments:
Post a Comment