Thursday, July 20, 2017

Mornings are the best

If you know me at all, you know that I am NOT a morning person.  I'm the groggy, hit-the-snooze-button then still sleep in, wait til the last second, always forgetting things at home morning person.  But this little nug has made my mornings so much better.  Don't get me wrong - I'm still sleepy and groggy and forgetful, and add to that now I'm way more sleep deprived (hellooo middle of the night pumping sessions) and the fact that I'm getting two of us ready in the morning, but the mornings are so much more enjoyable with Leo around.  Let me guide you through our morning today.

Leo was rolling around just before 6am so I went and rescued him from baby jail.  I fed him in our bed while Brad slept, then he and I hung out and played and watched the fan (#1 favorite activity) and watched Brad get ready for work.  Then Leo decided he wanted to lay down, flip over, and suck his thumb:

Then we snuggled:

I got Leo ready for the day in my favorite "shortie" outfit, and I hopped in the shower.  While I was in the shower, I watched on the monitor how he slowly inched his little foot further and further through the slats of his crib.  By the time I got out, he was passed out like this:

Since it had already been an early morning, it was time for Leo to eat again.  This is my favorite time of the morning - he's just such a sweet, gentle-natured little guy.  All he wants to do is eat and snuggle.  And when he can do both at the same time, well that's like heaven (for  both of us):

While I got our breakfasts and lunches ready in the kitchen, Leo hung out in Puppy Chair.  He was SO smiley and sweet this morning - even more than usual.  Check out this happy guy:

And finally, for your viewing pleasure, Leo does The Dance of a Thousand Burp Cloths:
(as a reminder, videos cannot be watched via email, so just go to the blog on the internet to watch the video)

No comments:

Post a Comment