Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Back in Town, Reuniting with my Stamm Fam

I just got back from my first AJ trip after having Leo.  I brushed the dust off my my passport and went to Morocco for almost two weeks!  The trip was fantastic, the country is fascinating, the group was really good, I bought a ton of awesome crafts, and I only got sick the last few days, so let's call that a win!

Another win is that I had pretty good wifi in most of our hotels.  I tried to talk with Brad and Leo every night - sometimes they were home, sometimes they were in the bath, sometimes Leo was in bed, but most of the time Leo was eating.  And to be honest, he didn't have much desire to chat with me.  Why would he - there was food to be inhaled!  But he did notice a couple of times that I was on the phone - I could just tell - he was looking at me, once he was kissing the screen - I could tell because I kept seeing a close-up of his forehead which means his moth was on the screen.  It melted my heart!

Leo has changed so much in the two weeks I was gone.  Before I left, he was just gaining his confidence when walking, with his arms up in a bear position.  Now, he is super confident, and doesn't mind if he falls or catches himself - he just pushes himself back up to walking position and keeps on going!  It's amazing how quickly these things happen.

Leo is also really progressing with his baby sign language.  His favorite sign is "more", naturally.  He can also do the following signs: eat, all done, light, fan, ball, book, and he understands drink and stop, but that doesn't mean he stops when we tell him to.

He is also saying his first word!  What is it?  "Ball"!  He plays with the balls at school and has been working on it here.  I heard him say it when I was in Morocco and it was hard to see him say his first real, intentional word, and not be there for it.

But since I've been back, we've been spending tons of quality time together.  I got back very late Saturday night, and woke up early Sunday morning, Mother's Day, to the happiest little guy around (okay, Brad yes, but Leo too).  Brad was amazing and made breakfast while Leo came into our bed and we took a nap together.  It was the best!!!



I've been waking up earlier in the morning so Leo and I have more time to play before school:

And yes, I've missed this cutie during bath time:

Here is Leo showing off the proper way to wear a custom-made djellaba from Morocco while on our brand new Moroccan Berber rug.  Nice fashion show, Leo!

I loved my trip, but it's really good to be home, back with my little family.


No comments:

Post a Comment