Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Leo and Mommy Morning

On Sunday morning, Leo and I had some special Mommy and Me time.  After breakfast, Leo and I decided to brave the gross weather and head to the Science Center for a couple of hours!  Brad and Gavi hung out at home where Gavi slept, had a snack, and Brad went a mile a minute getting things done (raise your hand if you're surprised).

We had a ton of fun in such a short amount of time!  We spent time upstairs in the little kid section where he played on the water table, did the stairs and bridge all by himself, played with the "tomato" sorter, had a snack, and more.




Can you find Leo?:



Then we headed downstairs (watch this adorable video of him running downstairs to the robots - I can't get enough of his bouncy little run!):




We visited the trains like Thomas.  No wait, what is that?  It IS Thomas.  Oh my gosh, THOMAS!!!  Leo was so super excited.  Once we found Thomas' route we sat and watched him come around the track again and again and again.  The funny thing is Leo would see him coming, should "Thomas!" and point, and as Thomas passed in front of us, Leo wasn't even looking at him - he was looking at me saying "again!".  I guess the exciting part was waiting for him to come and pointing him out.  It was so funny.  Every time he passed and Leo shrieked with excitement, people around us would laugh.  Boys and their Thomases, am I right? 

Then on the way out, Leo wanted to play in the big kid section so we launched a couple air rockets and tested gravity with blowers - he loved it!




I can see how taking 2 hours of one-on-one time is so important, especially for Leo who is a little mama's boy.  I'm trying to balance giving him attention while not giving into his every whim and request (and demand) - teaching him that he can still have my attention and affection but Gavi also gets it.  I'm sure this will be an ongoing challenge but so far I think everyone's pretty happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment