And Leo got a super special surprise this weekend too! Check out what it is in this video:
He's really excited to start riding! He was wearing his helmet around the house yesterday. He learned a tough lesson when he thwacked his forehead really hard on the back edge of the couch "testing" his helmet. It's a tough concept to understand that the helmet only keeps safe what it actually covers and doesn't make your whole head and face invincible. The poor guy hit his forehead sooo hard, I felt horrible! But we snuggled and cuddled and talked about how the helmet protects his head only and that maybe let's not wear it unless we're actually on the bike as to not get confused.
When I tuck Leo in for bed he always asks where I'm going. Sometimes I say I'm going to eat, sometimes I say I'm going to clean - whatever I said the night before is what he asks. So if one night I said I'm going to eat, the next night he asks if I'm going to eat, even if I just ate with him. I made the mistake of telling him a few days ago that I was going to shower. He asked why and I told him it's because I'm stinking. Well ever since then, any time I leave him, he says, with all sincerity, "you stinky?" That'll teach me to be careful what I say to him. He's probably telling all of his friends that his mom is stinky.
Here are some other pictures from this weekend. It was pretty relaxing (or "relaxing" given two little kids) - lots of forced potty runs (it was a tough weekend for potty training, lots of accidents), lots of nursing, lots of playing with toys, lots of books, lots of cuddles.
The ears, nose and tongue are courtesy of snapchat. The chocolate on his cheek is courtesy of cookies.
Leo and I went for a walk to see if the chickens were out - a couple streets over one house has chickens so we like to walk by and see if they're out and say hi. Here, Leo is walking on a retaining wall and found an exciting potato bug!
Gavi is starting to play with toys - mainly she puts her hand inside that colorful box and gets confused when her hand is gone:
Snack time for Leo is a family affair:
Looking forward to a great week!
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this blog!! Y'all are such great parents- I am so proud of you both. Gavi really giggles-that is so cute, and Leo was so excited about his bike. Keep the pictures and commentaries coming- can't wait for the next one!!!! Love and kisses, Grandmommy
ReplyDelete