Thursday, November 8, 2018

Sleepy Leo & Bumpdate

This morning when I went into Leo's room and he was still sleeping (which is rare), so I sat on his bed and rubbed his back.  He streeeeetched a full body stretch then blobbed over until his lead was on my lap.  Then he barely cracked his eyes, saw my phone, and said - oh so sleepily - "Mana, Pishies (fishies).  Emmo (elmo).  Pishies".  I was like come on, man, at least open your eyes before you start making requests like these.

Sleeping beauty: 

Reading his Elmo book in the kitchen this morning which he looooves:


He quickly moved onto his next activity, eating cheese and challah:


I finally got him to wear his hat!  Now if only he'd wear the winter coat:


Gratuitous tushy pic - he was showing off what he learns in his swimming lessons at school - mostly blowing bubbles, swallowing water, splashing, and making the tub a wave pool:

Brad and Leo reading stories together:


Bumpdate: I am officially 31 weeks pregnant!  This means that in theory, we have 9 more weeks before baby girl comes.  If she is anything like Leo, it means we have 6 more weeks.  If she is anything like Asher, it means we have 4 more weeks.  Oh gosh, this is making me nervous now.  Okay, let's just plan on 9 more weeks like the traditional baby is.  

What do you think, do I look like a pumpkin smuggler?  Tis the season, I guess.

This little baby has been moving around so much!  I've even felt a few full-body flips.  Mostly it's tap dancing and aerial ballet, I imagine.  Lots and lots of movement, which is great to feel.  With both pregnancies, I have never felt fully comfortable until I've felt the baby move on my own - it's nice to hear the heartbeat when I'm at the doctor's office but until I can feel it myself, I don't know that the baby is in there and moving around.  There's no doubting it now, there's a baby in there.  I have my next check-up next week, but so far the baby has been measuring right on the mark where she should be.  

How am I feeling?  Pretty good!  I've been really sleepy lately - I don't remember being this way when I was pregnant with Leo.  It's probably because now we have Leo.  My back is just starting to hurt so I'm wearing a crazy contraption of a maternity belt.  Heartburn, but that's to be expected.  A little trouble sleeping so I'm using my "pillow fort" pillow, so that's helping a bit.  Besides that, I feel really good!  

And Brad and I have been thinking about names for Baby Stamm.  We have some that we like, so at least that's a start!  



No comments:

Post a Comment