Friday, October 18, 2019

Pumpkin Picking

The time is here - our annual pumpkin picking!  Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

2017:

2018:

2019:

And introducing our newest member to the pumpkin patch, Gavi!:

I mean come on.  Look at these little pumpkins!  And if you're wondering, Gavi positioned her arm like that on her own.  A natural born model, isn't she?

 And watch how our little family has changed over the last few years:

 2017:

2018:

2019:

And here is some general fun at the pumpkin patch - mazes, slides, tractors, tire hauls, and picking our own pumpkins:







And Leo wanted to go down the 100 foot slide.  So we grabbed out burlap sacks, waited in line, got out of line to go to the bathroom, got back in line, got to the top, I sat down so Leo could sit on my lap and he said "no, I want to go by myself", so he went by himself!!!  The first time he somehow ended up flipping around and sliding down the second half  backwards and on his belly.  But check him out the second time!  



Leo wanted me to go down the slide too.  To be honest, I was a little nervous.  After all, the guy had just come and sprayed the slide with a little more grease to go even faster.  So, here I went, as per Leo's request:



Sooo there's that.


Since Leo started sleeping in his big boy bed when he was 18 months old (more than a year ago), we have told him that if he wakes up in the morning, he doesn't need to stay in bed.  He can get out and play, read books, use his work bench, etc.  He has literally never, in more than a year, done so.  

This morning I was getting ready and I was in my closet and I hear "Mommy?" - it was Leo, who had clearly been awake for a while - just moseyed into my room to say hey.  He said he was calling me and apparently since I didn't answer, he just walked on in.  Which is great!  Then he walked straight into Gavi's room to wake her up.  When he goes into her room, which he does most mornings, he goes straight up to her and goes "Hi Peanut!  Peanuuut, hi Peanut!  Hi..." and Gavi gets up on her arms and gives him the biggest smile!  He reaches in and ruffles her hair, she smiles more.  I feed her, he keeps distracting her by giving her kisses on the head, in the eyes, on the cheek and being "quiet" while sitting in her chair and talking in what he thinks is a hushed voice but is a toddler shout.  It's adorable and exhausting and frustrating because she won't focus on eating and he won't go to the bathroom by himself (even though he totally can) and amazing and I love it.

What's my favorite stage of childhood?  Now.  And two months ago.  And two months before that.  And two months before that.  And...  Someone asked me a while ago if with Leo I miss him being in the baby stage.  The answer is no.  I love the baby stage!  I also love when they start walking, and when they start babbling and when they start really communicating, and having favorite books, and not wanting to wear the jammies you picked out, and wanting to wear the Sesame Street and Mickey shirts every day.  Every day brings a new challenge and while it isn't easy, it's really fun.  So now.  Now is my favorite stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment