Friday, October 11, 2019

She Sleeps!

You are never going to believe this.  It's been almost 9 months and Gavi SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT - A FULL NIGHT!!!!!!!!  That's right, she slept from 7:30pm until 7:30am.  And she only woke up because I woke her up because I was concerned that she was still sleeping.  It's been 267 days of sleeping in 2, 3 and 4 hour spurts (and one time a 5.5 hour sport and one time a whopping 7 hour spurt) and I finally got a full night's sleep!  I honestly woke up and asked Brad why I felt so rested, and he said it's because I got almost 8 hours of sleep.  Whaaaat???

I know, I know, I can't expect that she'll do it again tonight, but hey, a girl can dream, can't she?  Typically not because I never get through a REM cycle!  Ba-dum-tsssss.

We've been so beyond busy the last month or so which is why I haven't had a chance to blog.  So to catch you up, here's a bit of what we've been up to (in reverse order, from mot recent to oldest)

Gavi is doing Baby Led Weaning, meaning she's skipping purees and eating soft solid food.  Here she is last night eating tofu scramble with veggies which she really liked:

Leo and Gavi can dine together for breakfast before school.  And I unintentionally dressed them both in stripes:

We went to the doctor because Gavi was spotted and she ate her feet while we waited for the doctor:

Gavi is getting to be a really fast crawler!  If we put her down in one room, she nearly always ignores the toys we've put down for her and finds us in another room:

We went on the boat one last time for the season:

Gavi can now kneel and Brad even saw her lift one foot to put it solidly on the ground!

When she's in the living room, her favorite activity is to crawl under the table:

 We went to Birmingham for Rosh Hashana and to celebrate Grandmommy's birthday!  Here are some of the highlights.




It was in the mid and upper 90s but that didn't stop Leo from having fun on playgrounds:

 We went to the Science Center with Uncle Gabe which was awesome!:


Gave went on her very first flight and we played at a couple of airports:


We made challahs at a Chabad event:

Gavi is mastering crawling:

Whatever nonsense this is.  Somehow, Mommy was the only one actually building towers.  These two enjoyed watching me then sooomeoooone (ahem, Leo) always steps in at the last minute to knock them over:

Gavi is still adorable:

We went apple picking and everyone ate apples straight from the tree, even Leo and Gavi:

We've had Game Days:

Gavi can sit up in the bath:

And she has started swimming lessons at the JCC.  Isn't this the cutest strawberry you ever did see?

Phew!  That's a catch-up of what we've been doing this past month.  Pretty busy, huh?  It'll try to not wait as long before I post the next blog.  Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment