Brad here with a very exciting first for Leo on Sunday.
On Sunday, I dropped off Stacey and Leo at Beth El so they could go do a Tiny Torahs gratitude program. I think that's what it was, honestly I'm not entirely sure, I just know it was timely to Thanksgiving and had to do with paper in jars. Gavi and I went to Brueggers for a daddy - daughter breakfast which consisted of me drinking coffee and eating a bagel while she chowed down on Cheerios and was cracking up every time I kissed her hand. This was clearly to the amusement of some other patrons, and certainly not to others (their problem, not mine).
I then brought a sleepy Gavi over to Bibi and Zee's house for playing, snuggles and naptime. I joined Tiny Torahs for a few minutes before we needed to leave to get to the movie theater to see Frozen 2 for Leo's first big kid movie experience!
Thankfully I had planned ahead (I can see all of your shocked faces) and got the tickets a few days beforehand since the showing was already sold out when we got there. After waiting in line for popcorn and M&M's (which he no longer needs to work for by going potty) we went into the theater to pick our seats. It was still about 15 minutes before the previews started, and almost all the seats were already taken. We were able to get 2 seats on the aisle together since he was going to sit on Stacey's lap anyway, and started on the snacks! During the credits (which ended up being over 30 minutes long) Stacey took Leo out to make one last try at going potty before the movie started.
Leo happily munched away on the snacks and got very excited when Olaf (the snowman) came on screen and other kids would squeal at random moments as things happened. With about 15 minutes left Leo told us that he needed to go potty, so I picked him up and walked fast to the bathroom and after a successful trip, we were back a couple minutes later, without missing anything vital to the movie (phew) to see the ending. Stacey had done her research and knew there was a bonus scene after the credits so wait we did with 2 other families through the literal thousands of people who worked on the movie. To be honest, the extra scene was solidly meh for how long we had to wait. By the time we were leaving the theater, it was probably at least 1:30, and for Leo that's about an hour and a half after his naptime, but I was impressed that he stayed awake through the whole movie!
He even let me take a picture of him with the poster at the theater:
We then picked up Gavi and he crashed soon after getting home. Everyone had a great time and I'm sure he's excited for the next time we'll get to go see a movie on the HUGE screen.
We had a great weekend in general too, snuggling in bed, going for a hike, and Leo and I made our own pizzas when Stacey went to play with Asher and Riley. Here are a couple other pictures for your viewing pleasure:

No comments:
Post a Comment