Friday, November 1, 2019

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween from the Coco Family!

Leo was Miguel, Brad was Hector, I was Mama Imelda, and Gavi was Grandma Coco.


If you don't know these characters by heart, here is what they're like in the movie:
 


What do you think?  I've been working on these costumes for a month or so.  Leo's was simple - a sweatshirt, jeans, done.  I did make his guitar from a ukulele - I painted it and drew on it so it looked just like Miguel's guitar.  I made (and shredded) Brad's outfit, I stained and frayed his hat, I made Gavi's wig and shawl.  You know I love an opportunity to get crafty!  

Leo and I were going to paint our faces but at the last minute he decided that he didn't want to have his painted.  So I guess it looked like he didn't have a costume on when we went trick or treating, but whatever he says goes.    

Zee came over to play with Grandma Coco while we took Leo out trick or treating for a little!

Turns out babies don't like to wear wigs.  Turns out they do like to pull yarn.


They do not like to wear hats.  Poor Gavi just wasn't in a great mood last night so she wanted none of our shenanigans.  She was probably thinking "why couldn't I be dressed as a pumpkin like every other first-time halloween baby?"

Leo has been playing his guitar for about a month, so at least he's getting use out of my hard work. 

We started by going to our friends and neighbors houses that we knew.  Then Leo wanted to keep going even though it was rainy and windy!  Zee went home so Brad took him to a handful of houses, then we traded and I took him to some more houses.  We probably went to 15 houses - even the really scary ones - and he loved it!  At each house he knocked on the door, said "trick or treat", took some candy, got a glow stick for Gavi, and said "thank you".  We were so proud!  He did really well and had a lot of fun.

One house was giving out full-sized candy bars and Leo took Swedish Fish.  Brad said he's going to have to teach him which is the good candy and which is the bad candy.  But guess who loves Swedish Fish.  That's right, this Mama Imelda.

This morning Leo asked where his candy was - he's going to get used to haveing a big bowl of candy in the kitchen.  What a lucky boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment