Every night, Leo and I snuggle after Brad and I read him books. After a few minutes, I say "one more minute". And he says "no, two minutes", and we go back and forth on this for a few minutes. Then finally I say "okay, I'm going now" and now he throws his arms around my neck and he says "no, stay forever!" It makes my heart melt and makes me laugh at the same time, it's so sweet.
Every morning when we get ready, Leo cries. There's no reason - it's usually because he doesn't want to get up and go to the bathroom or he wants to wear "soft pants" and I want him to wear jeans. Or he can't pull his socks on, or doesn't want the shirt I picked out. See exhibit A:
In reality, I think he's a night owl, and not a morning person, and is just a grump in the mornings. I don't blame him, I am too. Anyway, earlier this week he was a grump, as per ush, and we were scrambling to get everything together in the kitchen before we left. I asked him what music he wanted to listen to. Usually he says Frozen 2 or boat music (Yacht Rock) or Beatles or something like that. His response was "I want crying music." So I said "Alexa, play crying music". And what did she play? Crying by Aerosmith. Good call, Alexa! It played and finished, and Leo and Gavi were still in the kitchen while I was getting things ready by the front door. Then I hear Leo say "Alexa, play crying music again!". And you know what, Alexa nearly understood him! It was just so funny. 21st century kid!
Gavi is getting ready for her big birthday tomorrow. She is a Very Hungry Caterpillar!:
Here are some pics from the last week:
Uh oh, this marshmallow is on the move! Now we need to lock the gates:
This is when Gavi was picked up from school because she was sick. She had a 24 hour stomach bug so I needed to stay home with her the next day, and this is what we did:
It's falling...with style!
I tried on a bridesmaids dress but of course, nothing is a solo activity these days, so the crew helped me.
Why did they help me? Because any time I put Gavi down, this is what she did:
Beard holding and helping with the dishes:
And Leo and Brad hold each other's chins while Leo flosses. Coincidence?:
Helping Dad:
No comments:
Post a Comment