Sunday, March 22, 2020

Social Distancing, Day 7: The Black Bean

A lot has happened since I posted on this blog last.  Gavi turned one, Leo turned three, Brad and I went to Africa, and Coronavirus is here.

We have been social distancing/self-quarantining for 7 days now.  We've been working from home and having the kids at home, 24/7, for 7 days, and this is just the start.  We have been having a lot of family time - some great, some stressful, some lovey, some exciting, some dancey, some clingy, and a lot of experiences.  We've been holding it together pretty well, if I do say so myself.  That is, until tonight.  I think we cracked.

Let me set the scene.  It's bedtime at the Stamm house.  I was changing Gavi into her jammies and Leo was changing himself into his jammies and pull-up, Brad was downstairs cleaning up from dinner.  Leo comes into Gavi's room in his pull-up:
L: Mommy, can I have a paper towel?
S: Um, my hands are busy right now, can you ask Dad?
L: (shouts down the stairs) Daddy, can I have a paper towel?
B: Yeah, why do you need one?
L: I got poop on my chair
B: You got poop on your chair?  What?  Okay, here I come.

Brad goes into Leo's room and I hear:

B: Oh, Leo, that's not poop, that's a black bean!
L: (comes into Gavi's room) It was a black beeeeean!  Not poop!

And then this happened (video):


You guessed it, it WAS poop!  So then Leo comes back into Gavi's room:
L: Mom, it WAS poop!

We were all just laughing our heads off, including Leo.  It was a much-needed humorous (and gross, and real) moment that was just so funny.  I hope you've enjoyed this little anecdote as much as we did.  And yes, we are washing his chair cover as we speak.

And here are some pictures and videos from the past week for you to enjoy and see how we've been spending our days.  There are a number of videos so if you're reading this blog in your email, be sure to go to the real blog to see the videos.  Hey, you have time to waste, don't you?  Spend a few minutes watching some cute (non-poop-filled) videos:

 We go for walks

We work from home

We try to make breakfast but someone won't let us put them down for 2 seconds

We take baths, and make silly faces (these are her two current go-to faces)


 We play with Mr. Potato Head's glasses

We build towers and wear shark goggles

We read tons of books

We make breakfast

We go to the playground (and bring hand sanitizer with us)

We crawl under the table

We make each other laugh

We play with our stuffies (look for both Leo and Gavi)

 We do projects and activities

We clean

We snuggle



We made challah on shabbat:

We used Zoom to do Shabbat with 150 ECDC families from the JCCs

We try to eat crayons:

We play music

We eat lunch and throw food on the floor

We practice using our walker



Oh yeah, and Brad and I installed new floors in our kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment