Friday, February 19, 2021

Leo is 4!

Leo is 4!!!  He is now a kid, no longer a toddler.  Wow, this crept out of no where.  Leo wanted a Giraffes in Space theme for his birthday.  He had been talking about it for weeks.  Why Giraffes in Space?  I have no idea.  I think it's because he likes giraffes and he likes space, so it seemed like a perfectly logical party theme.  Ask and he shall receive!  So, I present to you Leo's Giraffes in Space 4th Birthday! 

As we started to set up, Gavi decided that was a great time to be a typical two year old and be angry for no reason.  You'd better believe that when she bounced on this ballon it finally popped and that made her even angrier.


Leo is ready to send Josie the Giraffe into space!

Here was our snack setup, including moon phases (oreos), giraffe bodies (cheese and pretzels), rockets blasting off (fruit skewers), giraffe faces (nutter butters), giraffe poop (brownies - this was Asher's favorite) and space fruit.  






Leo and I had prepared a few party trays for Uncle Chris and a few friends so they could enjoy their Giraffes in Space party food on Zoom along with us.

Leo even ordered his own cake!  He spoke with the cake decorator on the phone (whose name is Kara Leo, which Leo loved).  He told her his theme, chose a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, and she came up with this amazing cake!

Leo is 4!!!

Josie was helping to serve the fruit:

Here are our party people!


Yes, Zee was playing with the duplos by himself (I'm sure none of you are surprised), then he asked a kid to come sit with him and Asher was happy to oblige.  


The birthday boy is choosing his party platter:

Singing to the birthday boy!

Leo said he was "nervous" about turning 4, and I think he was a little overwhelmed with all of our family and friends watching him on Zoom.



Leo and I make the perfect cake eating duo - he only eats the frosting and I only eat the cake.



Leo is showing off the cool parts of his cake, including the star that says "Leo is turning 4!" which he asked the cake decorator to say!


Here are our fantastic party guests!  We had all three of his great grandmothers, Grandma & Poppa, his aunts and uncles, great aunt and great uncles, cousins, a few friends from school (including his bff Mara Gael who is on the top row, second from the right), and some of our family friends.  We are so lucky that so many people logged in to celebrate together!


This was definitely Leo's favorite present, a remote-controlled Batman car from Aunt Nanny and Uncle Eric!  He drove it for about 5 hours that day (literally), so much so that it ran out of batteries already the next day.


Leo is 4!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment